Sunday, November 22, 2009
Week Five
Hi everyone! Here is a catch-up/new post. The past couple weeks have been really busy with schoolwork; I had something due pretty much everyday last week. So, since last Sunday (which was my cousin Andrea's b-day so Happy Birthday Andrea! I hope your day was fun) I was going research, I have to fill you in on two weeks instead of one. The 9th-11th were fairly uneventful. I just went about my normal routine, the only thing different being that the guy I've sort of been interested asked for my number...but didn't call me. Since the 11th was Veteran's Day, I had the day off from school and from work. So, I wasn't really expecting anything interesting to happen. A few interesting things DID end up happening though. My friend Caitlin came over, and we hung out by going to Northgate Mall. After that, I got together with one of my group members from my Dance 250 class. We are supposed to be researching a type of cultural dance to do a group presentation on, and we had chosen Croatian dance. However, we were supposed to be able to watch the dance and do field notes on it. Our field notes were due on Wednesday, and we hadn't found a place to do that yet. Luckily, one of my group members happened to find a Balkan dance folklife party at the Russian Community Center on Capitol Hill on Friday night. So, we did a little work coming up with some questions and didn't have to come up with some kind of excuse for not having appropriate field notes. However, somewhere in between me hanging out with Caitlin and working on my project with Annie, Lillian discovered a leak in our closet ceiling. The leak had caused the ceiling to crack and there was a giant mold spot. This time, our landlord responded to our E-mail quickly, but Lillian and I had to empty EVERYTHING out of our closet. While the maintenance guy was very prompt about fixing the leak, he STILL has NOT covered the hole in our ceiling with dry-wall. So, we STILL have not been able to put the mounds of things lying around our room away. It's starting to drive me nuts! However, when I got home from the library on Wednesday night, I got a text from the guy that I like and he offered to come over and help me move the stuff out of my closet. I had already done all of the work, but I didn't mind him coming over. So, we hung out for awhile until he had to join his friends for something. After that, I had a normal day on Thursday, although it was Eric's birthday and it took me about 20 minutes to sneak into his dorm to give him birthday present after tutoring. Then, on Friday, my roomates left for the football game (they're all in the marching band) in Oregon, so I was supposed to be home alone for the weekend. I took Eric out to lunch at Shalimar, a delicious Indian restaurant on the Ave. That evening, I went with my 250 group to the Russian Community Center on Capitol Hill and we took field notes, etc. We didn't get back until after 10:00. What made that evening especially odd was the fact that earlier in the evening, I had been invited to hang out with a different guy...someone who I'd always kind of liked and had sort of been friends with. Anyways, I ended up hanging out with him, but I didn't get to his apartment until about 12:30 and got home at about 4:00...went to bed at 4:30 and got up at 7:00 to take Eric home for the day because he had a job "audition" and needed some nicer-looking clothes for it. We went home and had a lovely little birthday celebration, then drove home. I got back at about 8:30, and was so exhausted that I fell asleep on the couch waiting for a text from this other guy that I really do like. He called at about 2:00...I was asleep. I didn't end up being able to see him at all that weekend. In fact, I didn't see him until this Thursday, except in passing. The whole thing appeared to be going well, but suddenly got very weird. I don't know what will happen, but I'm very sad about it right now because I don't have a good feeling about the situation. I haven't found someone that I really liked in quite some time, so I was hoping this would work out. On the other hand, I went to the ballet with my friend Caitlin last Sunday and it was a lot of fun. My birthday was on Wednesday. It felt like a normal day except that I was bombarded by texts, calls, and facebook messages which made me feel so good :-) I ended up having to work until 9:00, but my friends threw me a bit of a bday party anyways. So, thank you so much to Caitlin, David, Jason, and Brandon, I really appreciated that. My friend Craig came home for Thanksgiving on Friday (he goes to WSU and has a whole week off) and stayed with his friend Riley. So, I hung out with Riley and Craig on Friday. Last night, I got together with some of my London friends and we went out, which was fun too. Today, I made an ice cream cake for my roomate Katherine, whose birthday is tomorrow! Other than that, I've been very tired and lazy all day, probably because I feel down about this boy. Oh well. See some of you soon! Can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy belated birthday!! Bummer about the guy, but you never know, maybe things will work out between you two.
Or maybe he's a closet asswipe and you're better off without him! Only time will tell.
(Man, I should start my own advice column)
You're welcome
Happy belated birthday from me too! Here's my man advice: be super bossy and if they don't do what you say, give them the stink eye. That's the very foundation of my flawless marriage. Most people are totally jealous of me. Especially Jessica.
Post a Comment