Hi everyone!
This week's entry won't be as long or as interesting as the last couple of weeks' regular entries. I still have some homework to do tonight.
Since my students had their mid-term papers due this week, their teachers decided to go easy on them. Most of them just watched movies and discussed them in class so they had very little work to do at tutoring. The basketball team had their first game this Wednesday (they won), so now basketball and football will be going on at the same time. I foresee lots of rescheduling in my future!
I've been having a really fun time in dance. We were learning about swing dance this week, and we got to practice it on Wednesday. Our teacher is really good at it, and there is also an older lady in my class named Linda that used to do swing dance in the 60's after the swing crazy had pretty much died out. She taught us some really cool stuff! On Friday, I had a mid-term in my dance 250 class, then I had to tutor one student who had rescheduled. At 1:00, I had a mid-quarter meeting with my boss about how my students were all doing. It was really nice to just and talk with her. She's a super nice lady and a great boss. I can't imagine how much work it must be to keep hundreds of people in order from tutors to student athletes. Good thing she has such fabulous assistants and employees, right? When I had my interview for the job, she was out of the office, so her assistant met with me. I felt like this was the first time in the year or so that I've worked there that I really had a chance to meet with her, so it was nice.
Thursday night was extra cool because there was thunder and lightning as well as a massive hailstorm that lasted for all of 5 minutes. It was so exciting! One of my roomates' friends, who lives up near 50th and 15th, was watching when lightning apparently struck the building across from his apartment which caused all of the car alarms nearby to go off at once. Awesome!
On Saturday, I did my normal Sunday things...laundry, watched the football game. Our team was in California playing UCLA and my roomate Lillian was playing in the band there. We played fairly well for the most part, but ended up losing by one single point in a really painful ending to the game...*sigh* Last night, my friend Caitlin came over and we made dinner. The only problem is that our oven doesn't work. It never has. We were trying to be careful when we were making twice-baked potatoes, but they ended up burning anyways. Our friend Jason bought us some more potatoes and we salvaged our dinner then went out to a place on the Ave that had just opened, called Ruby's. At 9:30, we went to our friend David's housewarming party, which was so much fun! One of Dave's roomates just got a kitten and it was just about the cutest thing we'd ever seen. She was tiny, probably no more than 10 weeks old, and all grey. Sophie (Dave's roomate) named her Moxie because she's so unafraid of people. After that, we hung out for awhile and ended up coming home at about 3:00 in the morning.
Needless to say, I'm pretty tired today. Caitlin and I kind of hung out on the couch. I got some things done around the apartment, but I still feel like I've accomplished very little today, which I hate. I have a hard time sitting around for very long and not doing anything, but I guess today is just one of those days! Well, I'm off to do some homework! See you all next week for a new installment!
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That storm sounds cool!
Thanks for the weekly installment!!
Post a Comment