Monday, November 10, 2008

The Animal Campus

If you take a stroll through the UW campus, you'll most likely see a wide variety of animals. There are cute, fuzzy little grey squirrels everywhere. Plus, it's fairly likely you'll see mice, rats, raccoons, Canadian geese, and ducks. Last year, Eric and I were walking to the Ave (that's University Avenue, for those of you who aren't hip to the cool UW lingo) and a hawk flew right out in front of us, with a mouse in its talons!

I thought of this incident, because as I was leaving my 302 class about a half hour ago, there was an enormous hawk just sitting on the ground right outside of Sieg Hall. It was such a beautiful bird. I just wish I had my camera with me!

3 comments:

Avicile Mohaili said...

on our campus we have brown squirrels, foxes, geese, ducks, and deer. i've seen a snake before too. i love campus wildlife!

Jessica said...

I remember at Central the squirrels were way to tame. I had a few try to crawl up my leg looking for a treat!!

Andrea said...

The squirrels were rather aggressive for treats at Green River Community College too.