Hello, Eric here with a few odd things from today.
First, in Swedish there was a funny quote from my teacher today. In English we can say things like "I love to dance" and mean "I like dancing" but you cannot say that in Swedish. He was explaining that to us today using a character from our textbook from America named, of all things, Betty. "Betty är från USA, så hon säger 'I love to dance'" When I got to the English part he put his hand on his forehead and affected his best girlish pose and used his most feminine voice. It translates to "Betty is from America so she would say..." You may have to have been there, but trust me, it was funny.
Also, since tomorrow Eric is being visited by his family, today is laundry day. So when he went to do the first load, imagine his surprise when four of the five machines against the closest wall to him were on (unusual for the middle of the day) and each one had 21 minutes left AND each one was set for bright colors, which is a bit unusual anyways (there are three laundry settings whites, colors and bright colors) So after he started his load he stuck around and watched. Sure enough, the one on the far end turned to 20, then a few seconds later the next and then the next. Someone was apparently doing 4 loads of bright laundry. But it gets weirder. When he came back to put his laundry in the dryer, one of the four machines was doing a normal load for someone else. The other three had not been opened (there is a different display on the machine after it has been opened.) Eric tried opening one to see, and there were no clothes in it. Or the other two. That means that somebody ran four machines but only had clothes in one of the four.
Also, if you are wondering why I'm blogging when I should be cleaning, the reason is that some people are filming something right by the garbage and recycling bins in the lounge area. I'm not sure what they're filming, but I'm going to wait until they're done to finish emptying my bins.
So there you have it, peculiar happenings and yours truly.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment