Tuesday, September 28, 2010

More Bad News

I was really excited because Deshawn was offered the job that he applied for. He got a phone call yesterday saying that he actually "didn't qualify" for the job, so he wouldn't be hired after all. I was really counting on that because he has to sign the lease to stay with me in the next couple of days, and if he doesn't have a job then I don't think they'll let him stay there. He's spending the day looking for work. I hope he finds something.

I'm excited to start work next week. I think that I'm going to have to look for another job come January, though. My tutoring job isn't going to pay for things anymore, particularly if Deshawn doesn't have a job soon. And since I won't be starting my editing program until winter, I will probably have to get other daytime work. Sigh. When it rains, it pours.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

That sucks!! What type of work is he looking for? Sometimes patients at my work will mention that they're hiring. I'll keep Deshawn in mind.

Linguistics Lovers said...

I'm really sorry to hear that =( Hopefully he finds something soon.

Andrea said...

That's awful! I'll try to keep my ears open for jobs too.

Chukkie said...

Oh Chelsea, that's terrible! It
s so frustrating to have things fall apart at the last minute like that. Let us know the kind of work he's looking for and we'll keep our ears open.

The Braunsey Blog said...

Thanks everyone! He's pretty much willing to do whatever needs to be done. He has a lot of experience working in restaurants and hauling furniture around. I know he's also done some telemarketing, etc.