Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Tentative Beginning

Ok, so I decided that I originally wasn't going to do my blog without Eric. Annnd, up until recently, I was still annoyed with him for calling it "Chelsea's Solo Blog". Yeah. Right.

Anyways, I realized how much I appreciate being able to keep up with my beloved family members, especially when I don't get to see them as often as I would like to. So, I'm trying out the blog thing again with the hopes that it will keep everyone up-to-date and informed on me and my faaabulous life.

Ever since graduation in June (I technically graduated in March, but I stuck around for the ceremony...I still haven't decided if it was truly worth it or not) I have been in a sort of funk (for lack of a better word). I feel like I have started a new chapter in my life, but I haven't decided what it should be titled. "Chapter 3"? "Chelsea Grows Up and Gets a Life"? I was thinking that there wasn't really anything interesting enough to blog about, but hey, at least everyone will know what's going on.

My first step was to move out of my old apartment in the heart of the University District, and into my new place in Sand Point. I really love the area of my new place. It's quiet, pretty, and family oriented. I live right across the street from Magnuson Park and about 5 minutes away from the U Village by car, but it feels so much less college-y than the U area. I still work for the UW Athletics Department, but I'm trying to figure out what I want to do next. I will be spending a lot of time now looking for my next job. I need to figure out how I want to apply my skills. My boyfriend, Deshawn, is going to live with me in this apartment, at least for the time being, but he is away in Oklahoma visiting his family. He hadn't seen them in almost 2 years. I can't imagine! His mom is also really sick and has to go in for dialysis a lot. She needs to have surgery soon, and I know he would like to be there with her. He also has an older cousin ,that he always looked up to, who is dying of cancer. He lives in Federal Way, but is supposed to be heading home to Oklahoma and will pass away there surrounded by his family. So, I am not sure when Deshawn will be back. I hope he takes his time.

I find that I have been really missing theater and dancing. They were the main focus of my life since I was a little kid, and are as much a part of me as going to work or school. I have been working out to the New York City Ballet workout DVD that I got for Christmas (thanks Andrea!) which has made it clear to me that I need to practice more. This past week, I went home to Port Angeles and stayed at my parents' house (even though they were in Canada, lucky bums). PALOA (Port Angeles Light Opera Association) was doing their summer show, I volunteered to work concessions for a night so that I could watch it without paying (funds are a little low at the moment). It was an amazing show; I can't even begin to describe how well-done it was! It always makes me miss the stage! I haven't done any proper theater since I guest danced in The Nutcracker in December of 2007. I happened to see some of my friends from ballet before the show. Lisa and Jill told me that they are rehearsing for The Nutcracker 2010 and that their last rehearsal for the summer was Friday at 6:00. So, I went into the ballet school and took class. It was so much fun, but it was sad watching rehearsal and not being a part of it. This will be the first ballet that I have not been in since I started dancing. It's a harsh reality. It is also Sylvia's last Nutcracker...and possibly her last ballet.

Well, that's it for now. It may sound kind depressing, but I'm hoping it will lighten up considerably! I don't have internet at my apartment, so I will keep the blog up-to-date when I take my usual trips to the public or University libraries!

Cheers!
Chelsea

P.S. My new address is 7407 Sand Point Way NE #14, Seattle, 98115. Feel free to stop by or send me anything cool! :-)

4 comments:

Linguistics Lovers said...

Heyyyyyyyy big sister! Nice new blog! For the record, I believe it was our cousin Jessica who coined the term "Chelsea's solo blog." Anyways, have a great time in your new place! We miss you!!!!

The Braunsey Blog said...

No, you said it first, even if you didn't WRITE it. Anyhoo, miss you guys too! Hope Alexandra's wisdom teeth thing turns out well. It sounds like the fam had a great trip. Wish I could have gone!

Andrea said...

Holy cow, I can't believe you're back on the blog train! Welcome aboard!!!

Jessica said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you're back. And now I can move you out of my "dead blog" list!