Wednesday, August 11, 2010

After the Long Weekend

It's been a couple days since I blogged because I was gone most of the weekend. I tried to blog yesterday, but the internet at the library is sooooo slow sometimes! Anyways, I had a really fun weekend.

One of my best friends from college, Caitlin, wanted to get together on Friday because we hadn't seen each other in awhile. We are really similar and I love spending time with her, but she has a new job that really drains her, and she still lives with her parents in Mill Creek, so we don't get to see each other as often as we used to. We were planning on getting together for dinner at her house (her parents love me, and they are a ton of fun, so I always like having dinner at her house) and then meeting up with our friend Jason and then heading to Seattle to meet up with another friend David. Well, Caitlin was really upset because one of her best friends is moving away and her boyfriend had not been in touch for awhile (his grandmother passed away), but we remedied the bad mood. After dinner, we met up with Jason, but David was picking a friend up from the hospital and couldn't make it. We ended up driving back to Seattle to get some over-night stuff for me (I hadn't planned on staying over) and then back to Mill Creek where we were tired and went to bed by 11:00. Fun stuff :-)

On Saturday, Caitlin and I went to Ikea because I have been looking for a small and inexpensive couch bed. Oh my gosh! I had never been to Ikea before and it was just about the coolest place ever! I ended up getting a little pull-out couch bed. It needed a pillow, so I ended up getting a little pillow hippo that was on sale. His name is Sean. Caitlin got two little mice to put on her computer at work, Tox and Efficus. We checked out and Caitlin brought her car in to load the couch. It was about 3 millimeters too tall to fit in her trunk. Seriously. We ended up taking all of the parts out of the box and loading them in separately. One of the employees took the empty box. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to do that, but I think he saw us taking forever to get it loaded and felt sorry for us! On the way back to her house, we stopped at the video store and rented Harry Potter 5 and 6. We planned on watching both that night, but her dad wanted me to see History of the World Part 1 which is a Mel Brooks spoof that he always quotes. It was hilarious, kind of like Monty Python. We only made it through HP 5 and went to bed.

The next day, I helped Caitlin buy a bookshelf and completely rearrange her room. This took pretty much all day, but it was a lot of fun, especially because we have similar taste in books and both LOVE them. We are planning on joining a bookclub sometime soon. If anyone knows of any in the area, let us know! We watched HP 6 that night, and then I headed home.

On Monday, Caitlin and I met out friend Stefan in the Bank of America parking lot in Mill Creek at about 2:00. Caitlin's boyfriend is a professional photographer and she has lots of experience helping him. She is also really interested in photography. At a family party last summer, she took a bunch of really beautiful pictures. A friend who works with her sister showed them to a couple who are getting married and they wanted her to photograph their wedding. The couple is from Seattle, but they are getting married at the Purple Haze Lavender Farm in Sequim. We drove all of the way to Sequim to meet with the couple and the planner and talk pictures. The area is so beautiful and perfect for a wedding! I wasn't sure if we would have time to head into Port Angeles, so I didn't mention that I would be in town. As it happens, we got home late as it is, so it's probably just as well.

The wedding is this coming up weekend, and Caitlin and Stefan are planning on staying with me at the lake for the night on Saturday, but I will be hanging around in PA for a bit afterwards. I hope the weather is really nice!




2 comments:

Jessica said...

I hear it's supposed to be 90 degrees this weekend. Why can't it ever be like that when I'm up there?

I agree, Ikea is cool. But pretty flippin' crowded on the weekends.

Chukkie said...

Sean is adorable!