Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Student life tip # 524

Hello Eric here with a tip from the Braunsey school survival handbook

When you are a university student you have to learn a number of important life skills. I would like to share one of the most important with my blog viewing public. This important skill is the ability to stretch your money and find good deals. A few weeks ago I was at Safeway and noticed a really good deal. Campbell's Select Harvest soups were on sale for a dollar a can. I bought 20 one day and then another 10 the next. A dollar for a decent meal is a deal I can't pass up. There was a slight stacking issue though, since 30 cans of soup take up quite a bit of space. I had them up against the wall where I hang my umbrellas but the pile was so high it kept knocking my umbrella off. I settled on another wall and have been eating soup non-stop ever since. Here is a rare Braunsey blog photo of the great pyramid of soup in front of my door. See how it goes above the knob? That's a good pyramid right there.



I'll keep everyone posted on news from my application. So far there is nothing really new but things look promising. I'll try to get my sister to post soon. I know that she has a lot going on to post about. Also I'll be headed to Edmonton soon (18 days!!!!) and once there Alexandra and I will be starting a new blog so we will post the link before I leave Seattle.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Scoring a good deal is one of my favorite lessons that my mom taught me. $1 for a meal is one sweet deal!

Jessica said...

If you two start a new blog together, I hope you'll post more than twice a year. It shouldn't be a problem since you'll be living in an exotic, foreign land.