Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Hello Braunsey public. I was hoping to have some more news for you about my application but as of yet there has been no news on that front. It's still undecided but I have heard that everyone who is either in or out completely has heard. Since I haven't heard anything that means that they are waiting to figure out if they can fit me in. Either way though I will still be going up to Edmonton. I bought my tickets this week so as on March 20th I am heading back up to Canada.

But enough about my application troubles. Today is Valentine's Day. A day of love, even for those of us seperated by international borders. Alexandra and I have been talking on line for most of the day. Earlier I took a little walk and stopped by all of the buildings where we had classes together and the room where we met for the first time. We have been doing a lot of reminiscing about last year at this time. I did absolutely nothing on Valentine's Day and she went to a lame party where according to her all of the girls gathered around and bad mouthed men. We talked on line the next day and that is actually when we first started becoming closer. It was really nice to reminisce today. But that isn't all.

Tonight we are going to both get dressed up in our nice clothes. Then we are both going to prepare ourselves dinner and eat it with the video chat on and have a nice meal together. We did this for our last anniversary and it was so nice. We also both sent each other Valentine's Cards a few weeks ago and have been waiting until tonight to open them. I've had her card tucked in between a history of Latin and the biography of Arthur Conan Doyle for over a week now. I am looking forward to seeing what she wrote. I know that in my card to her I filled up an entire page.

There is also a tradition in my family of my parents giving us kids gifts on Valentines Day. Usually a bunch of candy and a small present. This year Chelsea and I were in Port Angeles last weekend so they gave us our gifts then. I got some mint chocolates and an Uncle John's Bathroom reader. SCORE! The card came this week in the mail and I am also waiting to open it until tonight as well. Alexandra got a card and some white chocolates (besides strawberries white chocolates are her very favorite) from my parents as well so we are waiting to open the cards until tonight as well. We are both very happy that every one in my family welcomed her with open arms. She is a wonderful girl who I love more each day and I am looking forward to making her a permanent member of our clan. And since this is the day for romance I have other piece of news. If all goes as planned and I either get accepted with funding to the University of Alberta (ideal) or I get a job in Edmonton and can save up money (less ideal) I plan on proposing some time within this coming year. I'll keep everyone posted on the details as they happen. Happy Valentine's Day!!! I wish everyone here a wonderful day with your loved ones.

No comments: