Thursday, December 4, 2008

Metajokes

I have recently discovered the joys of "metahumor" or jokes about jokes. Here are two of my favorite ones from Wikipedia:

"How many members of a certain demographic group does it take to perform a specified task?"
"A finite number: one to perform the task and the remainder to act in a manner stereotypical of the group in question."


"Three people of different nationalities walk into a bar. Two of them say something smart, and the third one makes a mockery of his fellow countrymen by acting dumb."

And finally a limerick:

There once was an X from place B,
That satisfied predicate P,
He or she did thing A,
In an adjective way,
Resulting in circumstance C.

I laughed so hard when I read these. I hope you all enjoy them too.

Eric

1 comment:

Jessica said...

My favorite is the one about three nationalities walking into a bar.