Thursday, September 23, 2010

Stress

I am so stressed out right now. I've been waiting all summer for the fall to start because my job starts up again and I was supposed to start my editing program so that I can go on to edit National Geographic, so something awesome like that.

On September 9th, I got the E-mails from my boss asking for responses on what classes from the given list I would be able to tutor and which faculty liaison positions I would want to fill. There were a lot of great classes, and I sent two comprehensive E-mails about two hours after she had sent the original messages. So, I felt great and all prepared. On the evening of the 16th, I got an E-mail from my boss asking if I had even received the E-mails because she had gotten a response from everyone except me! WTF? I was probably the first tutor to respond! So, I forwarded her the two original messages from my sent box. Needless to say, I did not get a faculty liaison position for this quarter, which I was really hoping for. I will be tutoring a lot of drama and English, so that's good. There has been a lot of correspondence betweem my boss and I this past week. It's been really crazy.

On Tuesday morning, I received an E-mail saying that they were cancelling my editing program due to "low enrollment". Just my program, no one elses. They asked if I wanted to transfer my tuition to the Monday night program (which I can't do because of work) or to the winter quarter blended online class. I don't care for online classes, but that is what I am going to have to do. I'm sick of waiting, and now I have to wait some more. This sucks!

On a happier note, Deshawn got the job that he applied for, so that is nice. Besides the editing program, I have been looking into the paralegal program. There are also three masters programs that look interesting. I am going to have to do a lot of thinking over the next 3 months.

Hope everything is going well for everyone else! I had an awesome time seeing everyone at the zoo last week!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

How frustrating and annoying!! Hopefully it's fate's way of leading you to something even better.

Congrats to Deshawn about his job. It was great meeting him and we had fun at the zoo with you guys.

Chukkie said...

What a drag! Hopefully some new and unexpected opportunity is waiting for you just around the corner.

Congrats to Deshawn!

Andrea said...

What a headache. It just means that something better is in the works.

That's great news for Deshawn!