Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Quick Note

Hey everyone! This is Chelsea. I'm sorry to have been so quiet on the blogging front this past week, but this quarter of school has been craaazy!

First off, I have to get up early because I have accelerated Italian at 8:30 in the morning. Of course, that doesn't mean that I go to bed early! I'm am generally super tired, but loving every second of this quarter! It's been sooo much fun so far, thank God!

I'm taking accelerated Italian (which is Italian 101 and 102 put together) because I'm hoping to take Italian 103 in the summer and be done with my degree (My foreign language credits are being thrown off a little bit because I'm going to be in London during the spring quarter). That means that we do two lessons in one day, complete a unit every week, and are in class for two hours every morning. It sounds like a lot of work (which it is), but I can't begin to tell you how much fun it is! First off, it's a beautiful language, and probably the easiest language I've ever attempted to learn. I have a really good teacher, who's super nice. The best part, though, is that I am a part of a group of some of the greatest friends that I've made in a long time! We are a little loud, and often very silly, but it really lightens the load. We do all of our projects and dialogue together, and we definitely have the most interesting skits! It was kind of like we became friends instantly, and it feels like we've known each other for a long time! I'm so grateful that we have such a great group...it definitely makes class more fun for all.

I'm also taking ballet, which is on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons. It's less basic than Dance 101, but it's still not as advanced as I'm accustomed too. Oh well, I enjoy it!

I also got a new job this quarter (kind of like a promotion from being a regular tutor). I'm a Faculty Liaison...which pretty much means that I'm a glorified tutor who goes to lectures on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and take notes just in case some of the student athletes have to miss class because of a game or in case they're traveling. I'm not really sure how I got the job, because I didn't apply for it specifically. I do get a lot more hours in though, which is nice. I'm also really enjoying tutoring this quarter...there are some great athletes ;-)

Those three things essentially take up the majority of my time...Monday, Wednesday, and Friday especially are kind of like whirlwinds. I can't complain though, it's a lot of fun! Tomorrow, I'm going to spend the day in Anacortes with a friend from my Italian class. I will try to get some pictures if I can remember to bring my camera with me :-).

No comments: